Flips & Flops: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Movie Review

9:30 AM



It was a visual representation of my imagination.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children movie visually fed my appetite. The gloomy setting of the 2016 island contrasted with the bright orphanage of September 3, 1940. 
The orphanage was almost exactly as I imagined it. It had thoughtful details such as a greenhouse.

The Characters

The characters were mismatched from the book which was fine as the movie did justice to it anyway.



I really liked the actors for Emma, Olive, Enoch, Bronwyn, Millard (even if it’s only a voice actor) and Miss Peregrine.

The actor for Jacob felt amateur. There were scenes in the movie that felt lacking of emotion from him. I also felt frustrated with Jacob because he was so pathetic at times.



I love the chemistry between Olive and Enoch! GAH!!! AND ENOCH!!! I was so kilig sa cinema all throughout every time Enoch was on screen! Yun talaga yun eh.

I also spotted a continuity error with Emma. Emma had blonde eyebrows and there were a couple of scenes in which she had brown. Gotcha!

The Flops

The movie was Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Trilogy jam-packed into 1. That was why the pacing of the movie was kinda fast. The kissing scene that almost happened between Emma and Jacob when you think of it was too soon as when you look back in the movie they barely spent time together.



The fight scenes in the movie weren’t that serious which is why it was underwhelming, although the eyeball eating Samuel L. Jackson was a nice touch in the movie.

The Flips

The plot twists in the movie made me hold my breath. Especially yung muntik na mamatay si ____ then he said “_______” yaass

My favourite peculiarity from the movie was Fiona's who controls nature because that is like my dream superpower since childhood.



Favorite scene was when Miss Peregrine had the routine of killing the hollowgast that killed Victor and it has its own body chalked on the ground.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe