My First-Ever Office Team Building

8:56 PM


It's not my first time to go to Puerto Galera, it's just my second, but it feels like the first. The first one was with my father's office outing which was fine but it felt like a lot happened that I didn't get to enjoy the beach as much. During this trip, it was the office team building. I would describe the trip as chill which is just how I like my trips. 

This was also an opportunity for me to get to know some of my officemates since I am a little new. Going to Puerto Galera, the trip was less excruciating. I didn't feel impatient and just enjoyed every moment of it. 





Our activity of the day was snorkeling. It's my first time!! The coral gardens are so beautiful that it's unlike I've ever seen before!! It's so sad that it's like this small patch over the vast ocean. When you swim around enough, you'll see a lot of bleached reefs which really makes you think about climate change and how the local government handles this problem. 

I didn't have pictures of us snorkeling since I don't have a waterproof camera (lol). Here's us before and after! 






Afterward, we ate somewhere on a banana leaf! Been a long time since I had a traditional Filipino meal. 






Then just like that, we finished our meals, and we were headed on to an island to do some activities for our team building. The island was EXQUISITE!! One of the most magnificent islands I've seen yet I've only been to few so my bar is a bit low. everything was great, the weather, the water, the sand, the shade, and the waves. The only thing was the stony beach. It was painful to walk underwater so I had to wear my sandals while swimming. Though, I still caught a couple of bruises here and there. 

a crotch shot 


me vlogging






Earlier, when we were snorkeling Ms. Rachelle was advising me to keep my feet up to avoid getting pricked by the giant sea urchins as it's one of her greatest fears. Then as she was just done swimming, Ms. Rachelle gets pricked by a sea urchin. Maybe it was the universe telling her to get over her fear. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This was the boys trying to carry Ms. Rachelle


When you get pricked by a sea urchin, first aid is to put something acidic in it like calamansi or pee. 
We stayed at Joan Beach Resort which was great as the place was clean, had a nice ocean view, and the staff was very VERY accommodating and nice. They set up our meals in a beautiful way, helped us have a great time at their resort that I feel like we didn't worry as much as we would have. 




When night came we had an activity where we should put positive things about each other in a cup. Then, we had some fun with our drinks, card games, and karaoke. 













The morning after was another fun-filled day! Another day, another swimsuit apparently (hahaha). We went to the next door resort to enjoy their beachfront amenities with volleyball and basically their lounge area. 












Before heading back to Manila, we ate lunch. Our final lunch in this paradise, then we're back to reality which is being a corporate slave. 







See you next time.

Much love,
Sophia












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe