Supporting LGBTQ+ Friends At Pride March

5:43 AM


I've always wanted to attend the Pride March for years now. But I always seem to miss it. This year I made sure I was well-informed on the location, happenings, causes, and gears I needed. I read every briefer I needed from past marches and the ones the orgs made. So when I say I was ready, I was hella ready.

I went to the march with Kate, her officemate Eddie, her officemate's girlfriend Jane, and her officemate's girlfriend's friend. We all planned to meet up by 3pm, but then it turned out we left to go to Marikina by 5pm which if you attended the march, it was traffic everywhere near Marikina. 

We got there via Grab, and we were stuck in it for 2 hours. But it was time well spent as we all got to know each other in that confined space. When we couldn't take it anymore, we just walked. You can tell which way was to the sports center as some people in rainbow attire were on their way home. 

As we entered the venue, it was spilling people of all sexualities. By the time we arrived, bands started to play and the parade was over (next year's list: make it in time for the parade). 


It was reported that the number of attendees was up to 77K!! Compared to last year's attendees of 25K, it was more than double. You can barely move around the place, but it was a small price to pay as you can see the support from multitudes. 


It was rainy that day. The rain was on and off, but thankfully there wasn't a downpour just some light showers which wouldn't dampen our spirits as we all fight for equality. However, the rain did dampen the sports center's ground which caused the field to be muddy. I must say, it was disgustingly muddy. Props to those who wore white sneakers. 

As we started to scope the place, I bumped into an old friend, Jon!! I love Jon! I got to introduce him to Kate and her friends. He also bought a friend, Ada. She was also a fun addition to the group. She had such a beautiful wig that my imaginary wig flew. We all had fun!! Our personalities all mend together which made the night even more special. 





With the attendees over the expected number, the food stalls were starting to run out of food. The lines were long, and the prices were not that budget-friendly. But we were hungry, and nothing is overpriced with a hungry stomach. 

We ate takoyaki and bacsilog, one of the few stalls still offering food. I don't usually eat takoyaki because I didn't like the taste of my first takoyaki, but apparently, hunger makes you love what you eat I guess. 



After we had our tummies filled, it was time to socialize and take our photos. 


Eddie's DIY sign


Cute couple alert!!

Losing it at Lady Gagita's performance. 


I had such a great night, and to be able to say that I was there in support of the LGBTQ+ community was a big thing for me. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your event. 

Much love,
Sophia












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe