Spelunking Is My Favorite Activity

5:52 AM


Day 2 of our North Luzon trip was Sagada! My family and I have been planning to go to Sagada for the longest time like high school days pa. Now, I've been to Sagada! (but not with the fam) 

Just to backtrack, our first day was spent exploring Banaue and Batad. We stayed at Ramon's Homestay which was a unique experience as we slept in an elevated nipa hut. However, in order to get to Sagada we had to climb up the terraces again to get to the main road. 

If you read the first part of this blog post, I mentioned that I was on the brink of death going down to our homestay and rated that trek 4/5 BECAUSE the trek uphill was a 7/5. I felt myself actually dying!!! 
I was carrying a huge backpack and a heavy shoulder bag which later on I let the porter carry because like I said I was dead. 




Once we got to the top, I felt like I conqueredt the most challenging obstacle I ever encountered in my life. Then, we went to the main viewpoint of the Banaue Rice Terraces where I bought all my souvenirs! I bought magnets, keychains, and postcards! 




Afterwards, we headed to the Hanging Coffins. 

It's like our death defying hike wasn't enough, to actually view the Hanging Coffins, we had to guess what? Hike some more! woohoo. 

But it's like after conquering your biggest obstacle, the ones to follow were just a piece of cake. 






This is our tour guide Dimrad. He's about to get married the next day. He also made lame jokes. 


\
The hike to the Hanging Coffins also had some good views perfect for taking pictures.



Our next activity was spelunking in Sumaguing Cave, but before that, we have to eat lunch so that we'll have the energy to lift our bodies up and not die. We ate at Yogurt House which one of the most recommended restaurants in Sagada, famous for their house yogurt. 




If it's your first time to eat like REAL yogurt, I'd recommend eating yogurt with honey because real yogurt is very sour guys. The honey makes it more bearable.

Caving time. It's my first time to go spelunking or actually be inside a cave. I was very nervous at first as my numero uno fear is the dark and well caves are dark. But, actually when you're inside a lamp can illuminate a whole lot of space and is a sufficient source of lighting. 


Our guides gave us briefing instructions. 


Spelunking was actually my favorite part of our whole trip. I like climbing up the rocks, going through small spaces, and rappelling. The rock formations inside the cave was very beautiful. It's naturally majestic. 






After that tiring but fun experience, it was time to go home. But not just yet. We were going to go through Baguio, and we decided to have dinner there. The drive to Baguio was very long, it even rained hard which caused the streets to fog up with zero visibility. 

Once we arrived, we had dinner at the Good Taste restaurant which was very delicious and cheap! So much bang for your buck!! 



And of course, as Filipinos before we head to our respective homes, we had to shop for pasalubong. 


No to plastic bags!! 
Overall, it was a great experience! I don't think I'll go back again because I think it's a once is enough destination. :( But it was a memorable experience nevertheless. :)

Much love,
Sophia













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe