How do you even "act your age"?

7:48 AM

In a couple of weeks, I'll be turning 23. It's like not too long ago I was writing a blog post that I was turning 17 and now I'm well into my early 20s. My year 22 is such a boring year, I don't know about you but I did not feel like 22, in contrast to what Ms. Taylor Swift has prophesized all these years.

Well, I guess, everybody's year sucked, not only me. Last year, I planned that for my birthday this year, I'll be traveling to Sorsogon by myself, like what I did last year with Baguio. Now, I have to think of another way to excitingly mark my new year of existence. 

But before we get into my birthday plans, I want to discuss what does it mean to be in your early 20s. A part of me thinks that I should cherish my youth and freedom since I don't have any heavy responsibilities now. The early 20s picture is partying, chugging alcohol, and going through the dating pool.

Since I've been cooped up, I've had a long and deep thought of who I am. I'm a tita and I want to embrace that. I will wear cat-eye prescription glasses, I will drape a shawl over my shoulders when it's chilly, and I will enjoy my essential oils.

Some other things that I do that make me feel like an 80-year-old is crochet. YES, I CROCHET NOW AND I ENJOY IT. You know when you watch a movie, and you feel like your hands should be doing something when a scene gets boring? You either reach for your phone or find something to eat. 

I crochet when I watch movies. it's really therapeutic and fulfilling. You see a piece of yarn and later on, it's a coaster! it makes me proud. Also, I actually think I'm good at it. It's the hobby I've long searched for that I'm immediately good at. 

I also make a huge batch of cookie dough and bake a couple of cookies at midnight while I drink tea like is that not the most old woman-y thing you've heard. 

These things that I've been doing lately, makes me feel older than I am and I'm embracing it. I don't want to feel the pressure of doing something "youthful" and later on feeling terrible about it. I'm looking at you walwal sessions. 

My plans for my birthday include buying prosecco or sangria, buying a burnt cheesecake, either buying a lasagna or making homemade pasta. Maybe I'll go for a facial too if it's safe. All of this while wearing a cute dress and full makeup. 


Much love,

Sophia

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe