Rise

11:45 PM


In honor of Women's Month, I gathered my friends and asked them to open up about their insecurities and how they rise above it. We all have flaws that claws their way into our minds and whispers that we're not good enough when in fact we are. We can be the greatest version of ourselves if we put our mind into it. 

Knowing these flaws that evolves into insecurities it's up to us on how to deal with it. Do we let it eat us alive and destroy our everyday life or do we learn to live with it and use it to our advantage. Confidence does not come from being perfect it's from being comfortable in your own skin. Love the bits and pieces that makes you and in return the universe will shower you will all the love you need.




Kate

"I hated the way I look. I hated that I can pass as an immigrant Indian, I hated that my hair cant manage to cover even half of my head, I hated that I have had eyebags since I was a child, and I hate myself because I still think like this most of the time."

"These insecurities still linger, and I live with them day by day. I dont't tell myself that I look beautiful, or that some other people have it worse. What I think about is that I am me. This is my body, and I will never have another one."

"That this, is the shape of my soul, my experiences and my dreams. This body is worthy of love from me. And that's exactly what I do, and what you should do. Love your body, love yourself."


Pam

"(Physical insecurities): 1. pimples 2. too thin; no curves 😢 even my mom body shames me
(on the inside): 1. I have bad temper; I envy people who can work/interact with other people without getting frustrated/angry so easily/breaking down 2. I have moments when i think I'm not good at everything I do; jack of all trades but a master of none"

"How I rise above all of it (physical): 1. makeup!! a good concealer is the key 2. I dress according to my body shape
(on the inside): 1. I try not to raise my voice when I start to feel frustrated; I take deep breaths and try to speak calmly 2. I focus on what I need to improve by recording song covers more often or watching complex dance tutorials, and let other people tell me what they honestly think about my song, etc"


Julia

"I'm still insecure about my thoughts and opinions. I still worry about not being good enough for other people that I end up shying away and coming off as rude."

"I surround myself with people I trust to keep me mentally healthy and who support me and my ideas."


Rica

"Growing up as a chubby girl, I have been used to body shaming that I then thought it was harmless and that it's totally normal to be bullied for the way I looked. Little did I know that it would have a very toxic effect on the way I see myself."

"I got really insecure with my body, with the way I look and it's really a tough battle to fight until now, honestly but I always try to work on my insecurities by changing the way I think about myself (finding the right clothes and the right makeup is very helpful!!), working out and trying to eat healthy (which is very hard), surrounding myself with people who don't judge body size and weight, and always remembering that I am worth so much more than the numbers on the weighing scale and everyone else's opinion of it."


Zel

"Not being good enough at what I'm supposedly good at. I'm not good at a lot of things and I wish I were! So when I feel like I'm doing okay at one thing (writing or career) I try so hard to maintain the status because I'm soooo scared of not being skilled enough or good enough at the only thing I can do." 

"I'm not talented so I don't really have much to offer so I try to master a single thing and hopefully I'm on the right track."


Sophia

"I'm insecure about the times that I'm mistaken as a guy (especially when I have my hair tied back). I figured that because of my height and facial features that SOME PEOPLE have mistaken me as a man or a gay dude. There was this one time a professor literally asked me 'Are you a lady?' I was shocked to if this was a trick question."

"This was why I have bangs (not in the current picture as I pushed it back). Having bangs somewhat immediately identifies me as a woman. I'm not saying that you should all get bangs when you're mistaken for a guy but right now this is what works for me."

"Always remember that confidence is key. You are unique and you can look whatever the hell you want but always remember to own it. PS. there is a fine line between confident and arrogant ;)"



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe