Visita Iglesia 2017

7:14 AM


Something I’ve always look forward to during the Holy Week is the Visita Iglesia because it’s also an excuse to go and travel through different churches. We always make an itinerary within or outbound Metro Manila.

This year I thought of sharing our itinerary. 

I also did this so that we would remember the itinerary this year and won’t make the mistake of visiting it again next year, we wanna spice things up every year.

Our first stop was Sta. Cruz Church in Manila, I noticed that there were less people compared to the last time I was there which was probably 2 years ago.



Just a couple of blocks away is Quiapo, it’s always been the most jampacked church I’ve ever been to and it’s still is.



Also in Manila is San Sebastian Church which is also called steel church as it was made of steel. It’s a very tall church which is always a challenge for me to take a picture of it fully.




Our last stop for Manila was UST Chruch, it’s very seldom I get to go inside UST and when I do it’s always for Visita Iglesia. UST is one of my favourite campuses because of its architecture. 



Lourdes Church was our first QC church, My dad wanted us to go there because he said that I've never been there before but when I got there I remembered that I've been there once before maybe 5 years ago in another Visita Iglesia escapade. 



My favorite church of our route was Christ the King, aside from the beautiful interiors of the church which is rounded in its design, it was also because it was the 6th station and I get to sing my favorite church song which was anima cristi.



Lastly, Sacred Heart it's the church when I attended my first and only wedding, it was my ninong's wedding. 


Some churches that were on the list but didn't make it were: UP chapel and St. Paul the Apostle Parish (the church in which my parents were married).

Much Love,
Sophia

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe