life update: 2k18 comeback

11:43 PM


Well hello there!


Long time no post, it's been approximately 9 months since I've last posted. That could form a full cycle fetus (no I'm not pregnant). I've just been so stumped by the responsibilities that ties with being a college graduating student.


I've missed this, my creative outlet I am back. Hopefully I get to stick around. And I will try. Quite a few months from now, I'll probably be part of the workforce and the load of work won't get any easier so if a can find some time and a routine for blogging now maybe I can stick to it in the future.

So what has happened between April 2017 to January 2018?

We were required to make an academic blog during our first semester and we called it MNLKID. We documented different places and situations like Cinemalaya, Duterte's Kitchen and Obando, Bulacan. 




Mow's
I had my first beer and night out at Mow's. Rica featured upcoming singer, Rice Lucido's EP launch and I got to tag along. Got to enjoy great music and two glasses of beer. 




On a religious aspect, I joined The Feast, a catholic community in which we have weekly themed talks. I enjoy and look forward to going to church for once in my life. And now I'm making friends, it's just fun to have a community that is not school related. 




In the Mix
I got to attend the 'In the Mix' concert and saw different great artists like: Dua Lipa, Zara Larrson, Daya, DNCE and many others. Of course, I got to see MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME: 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER. In which I died and resurrected to tell the tale. 




Internships
This is the year of internships. I interned at KNTNT Creative Solutions, a digital marketing BPO; Cook Magazine and right now at STATUS magazine. Here I am figuring out what will my career steps be. 




Our class got to launch a print magazine called LEAP. It was our section's blood, sweat and tears. We couldn't been more happier when it was launched.




Thunderbird
Highlight of my internship at Cook magazine was staying at the Thunderbird Resort in Rizal. They have the comfiest beds, a bathtub, a pool, and a beautiful garden. I got to invite Zel to accompany me as well.




20
I also turned 20! No longer a teen, adulting begins. I celebrated by having a staycation at Kate's home in Batangas and a trip to Enchanted Kingdom. 



The Great Northern Roadtrip
I had relatives from Canada and the US that came back to Manila last December. So we went to Ilocos and Baguio to bond. And bond we did. We swam, shop, drank, played, and took loads of pictures.




Family
December 2017 was basically the month when I felt connected to my relatives abroad. I got a deeper insight on what their personalities are beyond being my cousins or titas. 




2017 was pretty great for me and if you had a shitty 2017, I hope 2018 turns your life around. :)


Much love,




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe