Everyday Makeup Routine

4:35 PM



This is my very post blogpost about beauty as I don’t usually write about beauty as I thought that I wasn’t qualified. I mean I’m not a makeup guru nor had an ever evolving new skincare routine so I didn’t have content to talk about beauty. But then I realized the hell with that. I’m going to write about my personal take on beauty because I’m sure some of you are in the same place as I am.

So here I am presenting my simple everyday makeup routine.

Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie in Mistletoe Kiss. I dab tiny dots of it on my cheek as blush because it gives off this natural non-cakey look.



Nichido Eyeshadow and Blush Palette. I use the rusty brown eyeshadow for my eyes to make my eyes pop. Since I am wearing glasses my makeup could be quite dull and with putting eyeshadow it highlights my eyes in a subtle way.



Nichido Retractable Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown. My most recent purchase and I love it. I just love not using a sharpener, I feel like it saves a lot of product as well. I don’t define much of my eyebrows, I just fill them in.



Covergirl The Super Sizer Fibers Mascara. My aunt from the States gave me this last December when she visited the country. I love that it doesn’t have a thick wand like usual mascaras.



Johnson’s Baby Powder. Then I just set it all with a regular powder.



E.L.F. stick. It’s this all around stick Julia got me a long time ago. It can be a cream eyeshadow, a lippie or blush. Since it’s on the lighter side for my complexion I use it as a highlighter. I put it on the high points of my cheeks and blend it. It’s an additional blush and subtle highlighter.



Petroleum Jelly. I put some on my lips as lipbalm then dab some of that Happy Skin lippie for a little color.



Das it.


My makeup routine is fairly simple, subtle, and a no makeup makeup look. It’s not very conventional like having a primer or concealer (but I am looking for a concealer to conceal those prada bags under my eyes) but it’s what works for me and my budget and also for the weather.

I don’t like slapping lots of layers on my face as it makes me feel uncomfortable and conscious. I also don’t like to seem that I put too much effort into looking nice; I just like to look effortless.

I picked up from a Jeanne Damas interview that French girls don’t wear a lot of makeup; they just use their charm to do the work for them.

A perspective I would like to embody.


Much love,
Kleona

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe